Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fair Isle Sweater

(D&G runway F/W 2010)
I woke up yesterday morning to a light layer of frost that covered the ground.  Between the slowly changing weather and the rapid arrival of Christmas magazines in the mail, my mind’s been continuously wandering to one of my favorite cold season staples: sweaters.  
This season’s sweaters are mostly the thick, chunky cable knit style that goes perfectly with an amazing pair of lace-up boots.  However, one of my favorite sweater trends I have my eye on is the Fair Isle sweater trend.  No, not the dreaded tacky yarn creations of yore, but a chicer and perfectly season appropriate style, like the beautiful Ralph Lauren example above.
This sweater will be great for cozying up with and it’s much more affordable than the Ralph Lauren sweater.  After all, nothing goes better with snow and hot cocoa than a great sweater :).  


No comments:

Post a Comment